|Loan Programs, Rates & Fees||Your Application||Your Property|
|Closing & Beyond||Calculators||Glossary|
|Mortgage Loan Calculator|
|Use this calculator to get an idea of what your
monthly payment would be if you know the loan amount you’re looking for. You'll also be able to print an amortization
schedule to see your payment breakdown for the life of the loan.
- Mortgage amount
- Original or expected balance for your mortgage.
- Term in years
- The number of years over which you will repay this loan. The most common mortgage terms are 15 years and 30 years.
- Interest rate
- Fixed interest rate for this mortgage.
- Monthly payment (PI)
- Monthly principal and interest payment (PI).
- Monthly payment (PITI)
- Monthly payment including principal, interest, homeowners insurance and property taxes.
- Annual property taxes
- The annual amount you expect to pay in property taxes.
- Annual home insurance
- The annual amount you expect to pay in homeowners insurance.
- Total payments
- Total of all monthly payments over the full term of the mortgage. This total payment amount assumes that there are no prepayments of principal.
- Total interest
- Total of all interest paid over the full term of the mortgage. This total interest amount assumes that there are no prepayments of principal.
- Prepayment type
- Prepayments are additional payments made to reduce the principal balance of the loan. The options are none, monthly, yearly and one-time payment.
- Prepayment amount
- Amount of additional payments. This amount will be applied to the mortgage principal balance, based on the prepayment type.
- Start with payment
- This is the payment number that your prepayments will begin with. For a one-time payment, this is the payment number that the single prepayment will be included in. All prepayments of principal are assumed to be received in time to be included in the following month's interest calculation. If you choose to prepay with a one-time payment for payment number zero, the prepayment is assumed to happen before the first payment of the loan.
- Total amount of interest you will save by prepaying your mortgage.
- Report amortization
- Choose how the report will display your payment schedule. Choosing "annually" will summarize payments and balances by year. Choosing "monthly" will show every payment for the entire term.
This calculator is for illustrative purposes only. The information shown is designed to provide basic information about mortgage financing. Please consult with your tax advisor to determine the tax impact of home ownership and interest deductibility for your individual circumstances.